Re: [Monotone-devel] pluck failure - successive pluck in the same direct

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] pluck failure - successive pluck in the same directory
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 09:37:52 -0500

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 02:32 +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered an annoying problem whit pluck. I try to pluck two
> revisions. The first one adds a directory, possibly with some files. Pluck
> succeeds. Tse other revision adds a file under that directory. Pluck of
> this revision (after the first one) fails with:

> mtn: warning: resolve non-content conflicts and then try again.
> mtn: error: merge failed due to unresolved conflicts
>
> Besides the fact that the error message is horribly user unfriendly, this
> should in my humble (and naive) opinion Just Work. I guess it Just Works
> with cvs up -j... -j...

It should work, and at one time that sort of thing would have worked.
The problem was that the same things that made this possible, also made
it possible to generate funny histories that weren't valid for a system
with explicit rename tracking.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net