Re: [Monotone-devel] Suspending branches

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Suspending branches
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:20:51 -0500

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 17:04 -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> > Here's a list of all nvm* branches, by whether they've been merged into
> > some other branch and the date on the latest head. I'd think that we
> > could also suspend most of the 'M' ones from this year.
>
> I was just wondering whether we could "suspend" these without actually
> suspending them. i.e. could we just not list a branch by default if its
> heads all have descendants and all of these descendants are not in the
> branch or something? I have a very vague recollection of talking about
> this a long while ago but don't remember where we ended up with it.

That's probably not good, since it would hide eg viewmtn and usher,
which both have their most recent revisions merge-into-dir'd into
webhost.

Hiding branches as a result of that sort of thing isn't a behavior I
think we want.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net