Re: [Monotone-devel] How to deal with shared sub-projects.

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How to deal with shared sub-projects.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:23:13 -0700

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 07:55:24AM -0700, Jack Cummings wrote:
> I like the idea of nested checkouts, is there a general way to make it work
> with shared sub-projects?

Certainly doable, just not done.  Some sort of module support seems
like clearly the right thing to do -- merge_into_dir seems to be not
nearly as useful in practice as we might have liked.

If you're interested in making something like this work, I'd suggest
looking at
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.devel/12022
and also git's 'git-submodule' command for an existing and deployed
implementation of some similar ideas.

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen