Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync w/ mainline

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync w/ mainline
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:01:09 +1000

On 04/09/2007, at 10:16 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:06:36 +1000, William Uther <address@hidden> said:

willu.mailingLists> And I thought the monotone.ca server had been
willu.mailingLists> updated because I saw the problem disappear a
willu.mailingLists> little while after I committed the fix, but it
willu.mailingLists> seems to be showing the problem again.

The monotone.ca server is updated with Debian package by policy.
Unfortunately, since the move to use boost 1.34.1-2 in the Debian
control file, I haven't been able to create packages for [testing]
(which is the Debian dist running on monotone.ca).  I'm unsure if it
would be wise for me to downgrade to use boost 1.33.1-10, which is
what is currently available on [testing], as I'm unsure exactly what
dependencies we have with 1.34.1.

Advice is welcome!
(last time I asked, I was adviced to wait for boost to be upgrade on
[testing])

My understanding is that if the server is pre-suspend then it should work with either a pre-suspend client or a post fix client. As long as the netsync code
is seeing all the revisions, then it should sync them all.  It was only
the broken suspend code that wasn't seeing all the revisions. If neither
end of the connection has the broken code... all should be fine.

BTW - I just did a local test (with the fixed suspend code on both ends).
I pulled "net.venge.monotone*" into a second local repository.  That
seemed to work fine - 11131 revisions. I then synced again. That worked
fine.  Only 1.9k to realise the two repositories were already in sync.
No sign of the "1Mb to discover I'm synced" behaviour I was seeing a few
days ago with monotone.ca.

I then synced the new repo with monotone.ca - not fine.  It sent
the 233 revisions again using 5.0Mb to do so.  I don't know what is
going on here.

Be well,

Will        :-}