Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New commands (for mtn, in lua)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 19:23:18 -0600

Ulf Ochsenfahrt wrote:
> 6. give me an overview of what is new and exciting

One of the things I've been wondering about lately is a more informative
type of ticker for netsync that would list branch/rev/author/date for
incoming and outgoing revisions.

Thinking about this now perhaps I should just put something in my
note_netsync_revision_received hook (and perhaps add a
note_netsync_revision_sent hook so that I can also see outgoing revisions).

Personally, I like the clean separation of pull/update and commit/push
even though I forget to update before starting something often enough.
Perhaps status should be telling all of us that newer revisions are
available and/or perhaps pull should be saying "don't forget to update!"
although that seems a bit lame.

Cheers,
Derek