Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing chan

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Initially creating a branch without committing changes?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:14:29 +1000

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

    ludovic> In the sense that "mtn approve h:foo.bar.cvs --branch
    ludovic> foo.bar" does the same thing, that is :) Or am I
    ludovic> mistaken?

    Richard> Think twice before you do that, it could be a bit
    Richard> surprising (I know, I did it on the nvm branch ;-)).

As somebody who never has fully explored branches in detail yet, why
can that produce surprising results?

Is there any difference between:

mtn cert h:foo.bar.cvs branch foo.bar

and

mtn approve h:foo.bar.cvs --branch foo.bar

???
--
Brian May <address@hidden>