Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone Hacking

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone Hacking
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:18:20 +1000

On 10/09/2007, at 7:49 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:

Hi all!

I've noticed that the changelog some people use for monotone is not
quite "GNU-style". I'm sure you all hacked stuff longer than me, so you
can correct me at any time, but aren't we forced to use some kind of
GNU-style syntax to make it easier to create a ChangeLog file afterwards (for whatever distributions need that)? If not, everybody is - of course
- free to use whatever format they do like.

I don't like to start a bikeshed discussion here, I just want to be
clear. I think it would also be a good idea to include the rules of
whatever consense we find here in HACKING.

I think including the rules in HACKING would be a good idea.

Out of interest, who actually converts log messages directly to change logs? I would have thought that most people who distribute Monotone would find the more abstract
changes described in the NEWS file more relevant.

Will        :-}