Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging program for windows

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging program for windows
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:45:42 +0100

On 9/14/07, Eric Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> All, I recently learned about a merging program for windows that
> appears to be pretty good:
>
> http://winmerge.org/

When I was "doing" windows, WinMerge was one of my "must have"
programs. No other merge program on windows (that I knew of) was as
easy to use (and fast, because one could use the keyboard).

> I haven't tried it out (because I don't use windows), but it might be
> nice to have it supported in monotone as one of the complaints I got
> from a co-worker trying to do merging on windows was the poor tools,
> so he went back to subversion.

It has a small problem: it doesn't do 3-way merges. For simple file
merges it's great, though.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas