[Monotone-devel] encapsulation branch

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: [Monotone-devel] encapsulation branch
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:01:08 +0200

Hi,

I've just updated and sync'd the nvm.experiment.encapsulation branch. To quickly remind you: it's based on Zack's idea of removing the app_state, for two reasons:
 - reducing the amount headers included
 - allow for read only database functionality
   (and enforce that by the compiler)

I've modified lots of code to take a database or key_store object instead of an app_state. However, I've cheated a little (see database.hh).

However, I'm currently questioning if it's worth the effort. You always need some sort of context to work in. If we remove the app state, we simply have to pack more into the database object. OTOH those are mostly options and hooks, which clearly belong to either the database context or a key_store context...

I'm stuck and requesting for comments on how to proceed with that branch. :-)

Regards

Markus