[Monotone-devel] Re: Request for help adding monotone output to cvs2svn

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Request for help adding monotone output to cvs2svn
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:01:50 +0100

Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Maybe cvs2svn is coming closer to being able to export to monotone.

I don't think there's any question.  There's (experimental,
admittedly) code to export to git, and it's ~500 lines of Python.

git is more or less equivalent to monotone in its basic model---at
least sufficiently close for this purpose.  I imagine that anyone who
cared about this could hack a monotone backend in a day or two; maybe
longer if it turned out that monotone needed extra automate features,
but I'd guess it wouldn't now that there's a way to commit revisions.

For that matter, I guess it might be feasible to read git's
fast-import format instead (that would probably take a bit more
effort, but might be more useful).

[...]