Re: [Monotone-devel] daemon support

From: Ben Walton
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] daemon support
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:37:38 -0400

On 9/21/07, Jack Lloyd <address@hidden> wrote:
> I haven't tested it but I did just look at the patch, I may do a new
> build and try it on my server this weekend. My only comment would be I
> don't see the reason to ever use daemon() - AFAICT the alternative
> code does exactly the same things as daemon() is documented to do, and
> having two versions sets up the possibility of the alternative code
> suffering from bitrot.

I had thought of that as well, but figured that on systems with
daemon(3), the resulting code would be a little smaller, and daemon()
would be maintained elsewhere.  I'm ok with abandoning the system
supplied daemon, as I don't feel strongly one way or the other...

-Ben

Ben Walton <address@hidden>

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When
many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.
Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance