Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Bug Message

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Bug Message
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:38:13 -0700

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 11:32:34PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> So - monotone isn't actually doing anything wrong, this is a bug in
> netxx.  Is there any hope of getting it fixed upstream?  I do not
> relish the thought of auditing the two-dozen or so places where netxx
> throws exceptions and fixing them to pay attention to errno.

There is no netxx upstream -- he quit, and even the web page is gone.

> instead we should catch the various library exceptions that will cause
> program termination in the outermost catch chain (in cpp_main.)

Kind of a layering violation, but *shrug*, there are probably a few
different solutions of which any would work.

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
 Outside the ordinary range
 Of what are called statistics."
  -- Stephan Spender