Re: [Monotone-devel] database or disk is full

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] database or disk is full
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:15:53 -0700

On 10/5/07, Benoît Dejean <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I'm afraid this is a known bug.  No one has yet been able to track it
> > down.  Does this happen 100% reproducibly for you?  Does it go away if
> > you rebuild the mtn executable with CFLAGS='-g -O0' CXXFLAGS='-g -O0'?
>
> Yep, it does not happen with -O0

Ok, next request - please rebuild the executable at -O2, *except*
sqlite/pager.c, which compile at -O0.  The simplest way to do that is:

make clean
make mtn
^C the link
rm lib3rdparty.a
mv sqlite/lib3rdparty_a-pager.o{,.bad}
make mtn CFLAGS='-g -O0' CXXFLAGS='-g -O0'

And see if that works.  If it does work, please also try it with that
one file compiled at -O1.  If it does *not* work, please cycle through
the rest of the sqlite/ directory and see if you can find a single
file that when compiled at -O0 (with the rest of the files compiled at
-O2) makes the problem go away.

(If you'd rather not do all this work yourself, but don't mind giving
me an ssh-accessible account on your computer, please email me
off-list.)

zw