Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone speedup by adding additional database indi

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone speedup by adding additional database indices?
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:22:53 +0100

Chad Walstrom <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Would there be a way to tell sqlite to ignore indices for given
> operations, such as pulls?

That strikes me as a low-level question that should be ignored (at
least unless it causes some measurable problem).

One would hope that SQLite will only (or mostly, anyway) use indexes
when they'll be beneficial.  Index updates strike me as more likely to
be a problem, but I doubt it makes sense to suggest sometimes not
updating indexes.