Re: re[Monotone-devel] name target conflicts: nodes 7371, 676 both wante

From: Richard Laager
Subject: Re: re[Monotone-devel] name target conflicts: nodes 7371, 676 both wanted parent 0
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:51:18 -0500

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 01:31 -0700, address@hidden 28 wrote:
> I'm trying to merge two Pidgin revisions in my local monotone database. The
> reason being a patch works up to one revision, and from that on applies fine
> but stops working.
> Here are my steps....hope someone can help me understand what's the matter.
> I add the new branch:
>
> mtn -d pidgin.mtn --branch=im.pidgin.cpw.khc.msnp14.ticket1187 setup

In the ticket, I told you to checkout a copy from the parent revision
that, according to you, last worked:

mtn -d $DATABASE checkout -r dd6bb3a7d349ba0a9fe8cea9698aea8227a95658

Then you were to apply the patch and then run:

mtn commit -b im.pidgin.cpw.khc.msnp14.ticket1187

Unless you have other changes to your database, throw it away and start
over, following these instructions.

Richard