Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision 33eb2173fe9b5

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision 33eb2173fe9b55da6b26464380c68b8c02638a68
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 09:40:34 -0700

Derek Scherger wrote:
> I was just looking at the net.venge.monotone.experiment.relative-paths
> branch which was a first crack at doing this. This branch pre-dates your
> path changes though so it needs an update.
>
> I'm still in favour of this approach, so I'll update things to work with
> the new path code and try and come up with a formatting function for
> path output.

I've updated the net.venge.monotone.experiment.relative-paths branch so
that it once again does this. This introduces a new method
file_path::as_relative() which returns a string representation of the
path formatted relative to the current working directory.

There are probably path ordering issues and character set issues with
this yet and I haven't even tried running any tests. The next step will
be to add some unit tests of the formatting code to make sure it isn't
doing anything silly and see what the lua testsuite has to say.

Before I do that though, is there general interest in this and is it
worth spending any more time on?

Cheers,
Derek