[Monotone-devel] Re: Stange Behaviour In Version 0.37

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Stange Behaviour In Version 0.37
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:10:59 +0100

Anthony Edward Cooper wrote:
>    1) mtn ls branches takes much longer.
>    2) Above command does not give the same results as 0.35. 0.37 reports
> 86 branches and 0.35 reports 187.

Those are (expected/wanted) results of the support of "suspend"
certificates: branches that are no more interesting can be suspended
with them and don't show up in "ls branches".
You can use a new option to just avoid that, if that's what you want.

>    3) Because of I suspect point 2 `mtn update -r h: -b
> net.venge.monotone.types' from branch net.venge.monotone also fails
> where it used to work for 0.35.

I'm not quite sure you can first use "heads" (from the current branch,
I'd suppose) and *then* change branch... but never tried that, so I'll
leave the answer to more knowledgeable people ;-)

Of course you have to use the new option to use suspended branches, but
 they get usually suspended after having been either abandoned or merged
into the trunk, so there should never be the necessity of using them, if
not for reviving them.

    Lapo