Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:56:59 +0100

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> I've just pushed all of my cvs_import work in the branch
> n.v.m.cvsimport-branch-reconstruction (which certainly is a misnomer
> nowadays). Sorry for all the sudden traffic ;-)
>
> Four cvs related tests still fail, but I'm currently testing with bigger
> repositories.
> [...]

BTW, if you need a clean medium-sized CVS repository for testing which
is both very strict in its branch naming and layout and also contains a
reasonable amount of branches and sub-branches, revisions spreaded over
6 years and about 35000 commits, feel free to test with the OpenPKG CVS
("rsync -rav rsync://rsync.openpkg.org/openpkg-cvs/ /tmp/openpkg-cvs/").
The interesting module in this repository is named "openpkg-src" (the
other modules you can ignore), containing all the OpenPKG package
specifications on a dozend branches and sub-branches. When I tried the
"cvsimport-branch-reconstruction" stuff some time ago it crashed on
this repository module, so it might be interested to check again. In
the meantime I used Tailor to import and track at least the HEAD of
"openpkg-src" in a Monotone repository...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com