RE: [Monotone-devel] question about automate select

From: Craig L. Ching
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] question about automate select
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:42:20 -0600

> For some reason that I find hard to understand, the author is matched
> *exactly*, and since my author string is "Richard Levitte
> <address@hidden>", just "address@hidden" will not match it.
>
> Using --debug cleared the mystery:
>
>   : ; mtn automate select "address@hidden/2007-11" --debug
>   mtn: prepared statement SELECT id FROM (SELECT id FROM
revision_certs
> WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ? INTERSECT SELECT id FROM
> revision_certs WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ?)
>   mtn: binding 4 parameters for SELECT id FROM (SELECT id FROM
> revision_certs WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT) glob ? INTERSECT
> SELECT id FROM revision_certs WHERE name=? AND CAST(value AS TEXT)
glob ?)
>   mtn: binding 1 with value 'author'
>   mtn: binding 2 with value 'address@hidden'
>   mtn: binding 3 with value 'date'
>   mtn: binding 4 with value '*2007-11*'
>
> Note how binding 2 lacks any globing, while binding 4 has some...
>
> In essence, I'd say you're doing nothing wrong, but maybe that we
> should look over the use of selectors...

Ok, something I didn't mention is that mtn automate select
"address@hidden" returns revisions.  This confused me, so I looked
into it further and indeed there is another cert with
"address@hidden" as the key.  So, you have two keys apparently?

Also, now that I understand a bit more from what you just said, it
doesn't match *exactly*, for instance, you can put in "mtn automate
select "Richard/2007-11" and that will indeed work.  Thanks for helping
me clear that up!

> Cheers,
> Richard

Cheers,