Re: [Monotone-devel] [Patch] Add a '--by' option to 'mtn log'

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [Patch] Add a '--by' option to 'mtn log'
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:08:12 -0700

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

> I think we've mentioned having a --restrict option or something like
> that that would be somewhat nicer than the --from hack:
>   mtn log --from h:somebranch --restrict a:someone
> for instance.  (In a perfect world, it could even do smart graph
> reduction.)

The idea of listing revs by some author (or authors I guess) does seem
to come up for me occasionally and the fact that svn doesn't have a nice
way of doing that has annoyed me a few times.

It would also be nice to be able to log only revisions from a particular
branch (i.e. the one you're working on) sometimes.

Cheers,
Derek