Re: [Monotone-devel] MtnSummit 2008

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] MtnSummit 2008
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:36:58 +0000

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:22:43AM +0100, Siegfried Herbold wrote:
> I've done some organisation for location Wuppertal, but I don't want
> to do more if it is not clear which location we choose:
>
> solved problems:
> - free accomodation for min. 10 people
> - all cables, switches, ...
> - free internet
> - free room, but no date fixed
> - local transport
> - food (I hope <80� for hole week)

Wow!

> open tasks:
> - international travel (I can't search for more funding)
> - date

We have some amount of money still (stored in a highly professional
place, i.e., my bank account).  I can dig out the numbers on how much
at some point.  It's somewhere in the 0-2000 USD range, IIRC.  (With
the way USD is going these days, that probably comes to like 2 cups of
coffee and a sausage, of course.)

I don't have any special insight on where to find additional funds.
If anyone knows someone who knows someone or has a clever idea or
anything like that, speak up, I guess...

> @njs: something important forgotten?

Accommodation/transport/workspace/lodging are definitely the Big Ones,
and I'm not thinking of anything else critical right now.  If I do
then I'll let you know.

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey