Re: [Monotone-devel] Is this the right mailing list? [Was: upgrading 0.3

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:46:36 +0100

2007/12/6, Arthur A. Gleckler <address@hidden>:
> Alas, I tried that, but I still get the same error.  I'm afraid that
> something has now corrupted my database for that branch.

[cut]

> Here is the result:
>
>   mtn: misuse: rename target
> 'lisp/personal-site-lisp/jde/java/src/jde/debugger/Jdebug.java'
> already exists

In .../jde/java/src/jde/debugger you've got two files:

  JDEbug.java -> 0x13e8840
  Jdebug.java -> 0x13e88c0

and looks like your filesystem is case insensitive (JDEbug.java is
same as Jdebug.java).

Also in .../vim-7.18 you've got similar duplicates:

  COPYING -> 0x13777f0
  copying -> 0x1378f80

try to fix it on some other machine or more specifically on site with
in case sensitive FS.

Nevertheless it's kind of bug that monotone crashes in so awful way
giving meaningless message.

I know that bug has active victims on win32 some time ago, now mac
users joined the club.

--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /