Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hang on Win32/MinGW with sync file:
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:26:10 +1300

At 2007-12-11T19:44:54-0500, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Hmm. If we want Windows to be an ssh server, it must handle this case.

Well, not quite this case.  mtn serve --stdio on a console guarantees that
the stdio handles are console handles, and we know we can't treat them like
sockets.

> That is, the client does:
>
> mtn sync ssh:my.windows.box.org
>
> then on 'my.window.box.org', ssh runs the command
>
> mtn serve --sdtio
>
> and stdio for mtn is _not_ a socket. Actually, I have no idea what
> mechanism ssh uses to spawn mtn in this case. But if we advertise
> "--stdio", it aught to handle the non-socket case.
>
> Hmm. I guess I should look in the ssh source to see what it does here;
> it might be instructive.

...but ssh might be different.  I don't know what it does, either.  Did you
look into this yet?

> Or we can just say "mtn can't be an ssh server on Windows". That would
> work for me, but it would be disappointing.

It'd be nice to have the server side working with ssh, but I think having
the client side will be an 80%+ solution--ssh servers on Windows seem to be
fairly uncommon in my experience.

> Ok. Can you send me that code? I'm at the point of implementing some
> simple standalone debug code. Maybe I could start with yours.

Attached.  Try not to be too shocked, it's a fearsome trainwreck of
write-only test code.

Cheers,
-mjg
--