[Monotone-devel] New translations

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] New translations
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 23:28:27 +0100

Hey all!

At first Happy Holidays to everyone! I was kind of sick to find new
untranslated messages in monotone just because one or more files where
missing from po/POTFILES.in, so I played around a bit and created this:

$ egrep -RIc "\bFP?\(" * | egrep -v "\:0$" |\
   egrep -v "^(botan|tests|tester_dir|HACKING)" |\
   egrep -v "tester.*?\.cc" | sort

(I tried to get rid of the :123 part in the final output with sed, but
it just wasn't my day..., sed -e 's/\([^:]+\):.+/\1/' and various other
regexes and options didn't work out)

Anyways, I added the missing files in POTFILES.in now (I kept those
files which did not pop up in the above output for various reasons) and
sorted it. The good news is that I believe i18n support should be fairly
complete now, the bad news - at least for translators - is that there
are 64 new strings to (re)translate. Also, because the file order in
POTFILES.in has changed slightly, the next time you run make
xx.po-update will move around translated entries a bit.

If you now find files listed in POTFILES.in from which you think they
should not contain translatable messages, check if F() could be replaced
by FL() in them.

I hope everything still works well.

Thomas.

--
only dead fish swim with the stream: http://thomaskeller.biz/blog
Für Freiheit und gegen staatliche Überwachungsmaßnahmen: