Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 00:10:24 -0300

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> At this point I'm going to have to ask you to back up your claims with
> actual design, if not actual code.  Please look at the existing
> database layer in Monotone (database.cc, schema.sql) and the higher
> layers where most of the application-specific consistency constraints
> are currently enforced (revision.cc, cset.cc, roster.cc,
> roster_merge.cc).  Please tell us in detail how you would take
> advantage of SQL features that we are currently not using, to enable
> additional concurrency.  You can totally redesign the database tables
> if you want.  If at all possible, please distinguish between things
> that could be done with SQLite and things that would require either
> extending SQLite or switching to a new database implementation.

I'll have a look.

While fetching the source I noticed that
http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/SelfHostingInfo still mentions venge.net
as the Monotone server, but that host is not listening on the netsync port.
Changing it to monotone.ca works great.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
One man's impedance mismatch is another man's layer of abstraction.