Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:59:14 +1100

On 14/01/2008, at 1:41 PM, Brian May wrote:

"Zack" == Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> writes:

Zack> If you were interested in improving Monotone.pm to the point where it Zack> wouldn't be an embarrassment to the archive, I'd be happy to add a
    Zack> monotone-perl binary package.

Yes, I am interested. What needs to be done?

I'm not a perl hacker. Having someone who actually knows perl read it over and check
that there are no obvious clangers would be a good start :).

The next step would be to clean up the interface to make it a little more perl-esque. I wrote the interface as I learned about perl and mtn automate, and added what I needed.

At the moment it just calls the automate interface, it doesn't do any parsing. Adding that parsing would be a huge step forward, but that is a much larger job.

2. Defaults for --confdir --rcfile --keydir seem can't be changed. The
defaults seem to be strange.

Zack> I don't see any settings of these in Monotone.pm -- so you're getting
    Zack> the defaults for the binary.

Yes, I suspect so. Probably need to allow setting at least --keydir
and --rcfile (for the keyphrase hook). I am not sure what --confdir is
for though - is it needed?

Adding --rcfile might be a good idea, but, as I noted in my last email, --keydir is the only one that is really needed. You can use the _MTN/monotonerc file in the
ikiwiki workspace for any hooks you want to add.

Cheers,

Will       :-}