Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: monotone on alpha, possibly only Debian

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: monotone on alpha, possibly only Debian (was Re: ikiwiki monotone support)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:20:40 -0500

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:02:44PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:

> I have tried that, but:
>
> g++ -pthread -Ibuild/include -O2 -finline-functions -mcpu=ev5 -D_REENTRANT
> -ansi -Wno-long-long -fpermissive -W -Wall -fPIC -c
> modules/es_unix/unix_cmd.cpp -o build/lib/unix_cmd.o
> /usr/include/g++/cwchar:193: error: '::vfwscanf' has not been declared
> /usr/include/g++/cwchar:199: error: '::vswscanf' has not been declared
> /usr/include/g++/cwchar:205: error: '::vwscanf' has not been declared
> /usr/include/g++/cwchar:222: error: '::wcstof' has not been declared
> *** Error code 1

Argh! Could you do me a favor and confirm/deny that compiling the file
containing just the lines:

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
#include <string>

fails with the same error? (And also provide me with your exact OS
release and compiler versions so I can test this further and hopefully
fix whatever it is I have broken).

I know you are probably not terribly interested in acting as my
personal buildbot, but if you wanted to work around this problem (and
hopefully check if this problem with Monotone you're seeing is
actually a Botan compilation problem vs something else in
lib3rdparty.a), try:

./configure.pl --noauto gcc-netbsd-ev5

which will disable all of the platform-specific code except a small
stub for reading /dev/urandom (I'm assuming here the bad code
generation, if that is in fact the issue, is in the low level crypto
code - in the past this has tended to be true, and also much of the
platform-specific code is excised in the version included in Monotone
already).

-Jack