Re: [Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] options for automate inventory
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:35:58 +0100

Thomas Keller schrieb:
Thomas Moschny schrieb:
actually does what it should (in all cases the "wrong" option is just
skipped).
Really? Here, it does work:

$ echo 'l8:branchese' | mtn automate stdio | wc -l
102

$ echo 'o20:ignore-suspend-certs0:el8:branchese' | mtn automate stdio | wc -l
204

$ mtn version
monotone 0.38 (base revision: c1757f6cde49bddd77c82580059105bc470145b2)

- Thomas M.

Hrm... now I'm stuck - for some weird reason it did not work on my local
setup (I checked the output bytes in the bytestream and they've been
both equal). At work it works as expected. I have to recheck this tonight.

I think I know why it didn't work on my local setup. Compare the following two tests, both should return the equal number of rows, but they do not:

$ echo "l8:branchese o20:ignore-suspend-certs0:e l8:branchese" \
  | mtn au stdio -d ../monotone.mtn | wc -l
     200
$ echo "o20:ignore-suspend-certs0:e l8:branchese l8:branchese" \
  | mtn au stdio -d ../monotone.mtn | wc -l
     404

--ignore-suspend-certs is a global option which does not get reset once it was set. In general it is useful that global options (i.e. those given to automate stdio) are not reset by single automate commands, but if such a global option is set by a command which is run inside stdio, it does not get reset either! I'll have a look how to fix that...

Thomas.