Re: [Monotone-devel] speed of "mtn ls branches"

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] speed of "mtn ls branches"
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:11:43 +0100

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I'm seriously wondering whether we oughtn't to cache validity for
> *all* certs in the local database.

I don't know.... that removes the warm fuzzy feeling of "absolute
correctness", but would certainly help in the speed side.
Maybe as on cli-option/rc-callback? Not as a default, I'd say.
When used on a "one-person-only PC" it certainly has some sense... and
we could check permissions to be 0600 like SSH does for his keys (and
explain it clearly in the option's help, also).

Lapo Luchini
address@hidden (OpenPGP & X.509) (Jabber, ICQ, MSN)