Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Future of monotone

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Future of monotone
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:16:14 +0100

2008/1/27, Koen Kooi <address@hidden>:

> Thomas Keller schreef:
>
> | So where lacks monotone the most?
>
> Speed. Try doing simple things like 'mtn log', 'mtn annotate' or even 'm
> tn sync' with an OE database and you start to see how badly mtn scales.
> We keep mtn around because half the coreteam hates git with a passion...

Well i didn't hit this wall but i believe it's true.
BTW. Anyone tried to analyze differences in design
choices/implementation between monotone and other distributed/DAG
based ... never mind the name similar VCS-es like git, bazaar,
mercurial, darcs ?

Is this all about security?
Maybe it's storage problem...
Maybe DAG based approach ...
Maybe the branching implemented using certs (you can't know where rev
belongs without reading certs) it hits netsync mainly (and never
finished dumb protocol)

Why monotone is so slow or why monotone appears as slow. Just some
rhetorical questions ...

Best regards,

--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /