Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes

From: Zbigniew Zagórski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] unhexification of revision hashes
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:15:40 +0100

2008/1/28, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just committed a revision 47dc584d4ca8799f686b20ce9bf5c59eb69f6d3c
> into branch n.v.m.experiment.db-compaction. Todays fixes made it pass
> all unit and lua tests, and together with the addition to NEWS, I now
> consider that revisions to be ready for landing on mainline. Please review.

Hi,
I don't remember reasons for this change besides db compaction.
However I see a small a performance hit on windows:
what                    hex      0.38
log --brief          |   46   |  39
graph                |   2    |  0.8
ls branches          |  7.7   |  6
(seconds, all > dev null, monotone db, nvm head)

Should it be slower? Faster ? Are those test cases feasible ?

BTW. What are the cxxflags of official windows build, my build is
"-O2 -g -Wall" stripped, maybe this perf hit is caused by bad flags.

PS. I see ~10 size loss on two databases (156->137 monotone, 9-7.6
private db) so this db compaction is real.

Regarding review I'm not familiar with codebase but i'll try.

Regards,
--
Zbigniew -zbigg- Zagórski
/ software developer / geek / happy daddy /