Re: [Monotone-devel] Future of monotone

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Future of monotone
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:29:47 -0500

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 08:19:03PM -0600, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> I think it would be cool to find a good C++-friendly library that does
> both sides of the SSH2 protocol. Besides handling
> authentication/confidentiality/integrity, this would also make it easier
> to have the same server provide both netsync and the automate commands
> over the network. Then you could run, say, viewmtn without needing funny
> tricks to deal with database locking.
>
> Of course, I'm not sure where to *find* such a library.

Indeed. There is http://www.netsieben.com/products/ssh/ (built on top
of Botan, combination QPL/commercial), but it is client-side only. I
have not yet dug into the code to see how hard it would be to extend
to SSH servers. (I'm not sure if you knew about it or not, given your
qualification about a library that handled both sides of the
connection which does seem to exclude it as of today).

-Jack