Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: How will policy branches work?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: How will policy branches work?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:27:22 -0600

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 12:30 +0200, Boris wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:30:28 +0200, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > [...]Because this is a distributed VCS, we can't, ultimately, prevent
> > people from doing whatever they want to their own copy of the
>
> It might be possible if policy settings and the list of administrators are
> stored in the database. Even if you have a copy of the database the
> database knows who the admininistrators are and will prevent others from
> changing the policy settings.

No, it's not possible. The closest you can get would be to compile in
your own get_projects or get_revision_cert_trust hook that looks at some
network share or compiled-in data that you don't tell people about, but
even then they'd just have to download a non-patched monotone and maybe
come up with their own project definition files.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net