Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki monotone support
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:56:35 +1100

    William> Um, syncing to a database is not going to call a hook in
    William> _MTN/monotonerc either...

I suspect we might be making different assumptions here. Or some other
confusion exists.

If I  type in

cd $path
mtn sync

Will it call the hooks in $path/_MTN/montonerc?

If not, then I don't see what the point of the
note_netsync_revision_received hook is. It will never get used...

Nor is it possible to use a monotone server and ikiwiki from the same
database, I believe the monotone server will lock the database so
ikiwiki can't access it. So, on my setup, I have use two databases,
and supplied my own script for the server database, which means that
the supplied note_netsync_revision_received hook is still redundant.

Also, if this code is used, you probably only want to call the ikiwiki
wrapper script on the last revision received, not for every revision
received.

    William> Look in the standard lua hooks in the monotone source.
    William> The diff utils merge system has become significantly more
    William> featureful.  I think it would be possible to have my 'add
    William> conflict markers' merge hook be just an argument there,
    William> but I haven't looked at it in detail.

Ok, will have a look.

    William> er, no.  I believe that rcs_update() is called by ikiwiki
    William> when it wants ikiwiki to update the workspace.  Look at
    William> the comments in the Stub.pm example code in ikiwiki:

I am still confused when rcs_update() is called. If it only gets
called in response to the note_netsync_revision_received() hook, then
the new revisions have already been received, haven't they?

Or maybe ikiwiki calls rcs_update() on other occasions too?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>