Re: [Monotone-devel] commit ignores _MTN/options keydir

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] commit ignores _MTN/options keydir
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:27:21 -0500

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  Hmm. 'mtn' currently also specifies --confdir, which also sets
>  opt.keydir if --keydir is not given. So that has to be deleted as
>  well. --confdir also specifies where 'monotonerc' is, but that's
>  already given by an explicit --norc --rc <file>.
>
>  grep says the only other use for opts.conf_dir is the "dump" directory
>  if no workspace is found, and a lua command "get conf dir". So that
>  should be ok, unless some test is using that lua command. I guess I'll
>  find out.

Just want to raise a couple of metaconcerns there -

1) In the test suite, even if there is no workspace, the "dump" file
needs to go in the per-test directory, not the user's .monotone
directory.

2) If we ever add something else that goes in the user's .monotone
directory, we need a way of being sure that the test suite doesn't
look at it.  (Is a --no-user-config option a sane thing to talk
about?)

2a) I think there may currently be circumstances (e.g. on Windows)
where we use the user's ssh-agent when we shouldn't.  Can you patch
--ssh-sign=no into the options list while you're at it please?

zw