Re: [Monotone-devel] MinGW32 buildbot ready

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] MinGW32 buildbot ready
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 04:22:10 -0500

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

> In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 06:36:34 -0500, Stephen Leake
> <address@hidden> said:
>
> stephen_leake> As long as the buildbot does not do 'install', the mtn
> stephen_leake> in $PATH _should_ be the "known working" one. So I'm
> stephen_leake> not clear why anything else is required.
>
> I assume it's the case where someone experiments a lot with mtn on his
> private machine and has that experiment in $PATH and might want
> something more stable to use for the build slave...
>
> stephen_leake> It does work on this machine when run in 'pure MinGW'.
> stephen_leake> So I need another exception: ../../make-all-local.sh
>
> Done.
>
> stephen_leake> I think the final step is 'make check'? You might as
> stephen_leake> well make that an exception as well: ../../make-check-local.sh
>
> Done.

Ok. The entire build process completed with no intervention! Success :).

One test is failing; it's a new test that needs work on MinGW. How do
I access the error log archive from the webpage?

> stephen_leake> Does the output from each command get logged somewhere?
> stephen_leake> It's really annoying to have to try to duplicate
> stephen_leake> running the command to see the failure. `twisted.log'
> stephen_leake> only shows the command line and the status, not the
> stephen_leake> actual output.
>
> http://monotone.ca:9010/ (to become http://monotone.ca:9000/ when your
> machine is stable enough)
> You will find a log for each step as a link in that step.

That makes sense!

I think this is ready to move to the production buildbot page.

One quibble; the 'autoreconf' step is labled in the buildbot display in
a different style than the other steps. That works better when it's
just 'autoreconf -i'. Perhaps it could just be "autoconf"?

I'll work on updating the buildbot wiki. I'll create a new page, since
it's quite involved.

--
-- Stephe