Re: [Monotone-devel] n.v.m.experiment.testsuite_ws_options

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] n.v.m.experiment.testsuite_ws_options
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:14:23 -0400

Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 20:13 -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> I've created branch n.v.m.experiment.testsuite_ws_options, to explore
>> changing the testsuite to use options from _MTN/options as much as
>> possible; there are a couple of bugs in that area, and this should
>> find more.
>
> This is actually on mainline.

Ah. Sorry. One of the recent changes seems to have interfered with my
script that creates a branch, so my workspace that I thought was on
the branch is actually on mainline.

I'll disapprove this change on mainline, and put it on the branch.

>> I've changed testsuite.lua 'function mtn' to pass --keydir, --db, and
>> --confdir only if a global variable 'testsuite_use_ws' is false. I'm
>> not happy with using a global variable, but I could not find a simple
>> way to test for the presence of _MTN.
>
> If we don't always pass --keydir or at least --confdir, we'll want to
> have some other argument that we *do* always pass to prevent ever using
> ~/.monotone when those options aren't in the options file.

Maybe we could have an option --no-defaults that sets the default
confdir and keydir to "/dev/null".

--
-- Stephe