Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn:// sync

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn:// sync
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:34:33 -0500

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 09:58 +0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> > It will be in 0.40,
>
> Uh.. really? I personally don't feel there's a majority for such a
> syntax. But I might have missed some of the discussions.
>
> In my opinion, such an URL shouldn't ever be exposed to the user.
> Especially not when requiring shell and/or other kinds of escaping.

It will be in addition to the current syntax, so what works now will
still work.

Yes, '&' and especially '!' aren't good characters for shells. I think
I'll use the suggestions of '/' and '-' instead (still in the query
string instead of the path, so it'll work with file:// and ssh:// sync).

This has been requested before, most recently for use in Debian package
control files.

...I also neglected to put this on a separate branch, which in
retrospect probably wasn't the best of ideas.