Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:38:51 +0100

Zack Weinberg wrote:
Actually, can we reserve / to refer to something - revision or
versioned file - *inside* the branch(es) selected?  I know this
doesn't make any sense with the existing protocol, but maybe it would
later, so it seems to me wisest to reserve space in the URL schema for

Suggest comma (,) for what you're using / for currently.

Honestly, I think it's a very bad time to introduce a newish URL scheme, because nuskool is coming up and using HTTP. And IMO it should use a RESTful interface, to provide a simple and understandable API.

I'm sorry to sound negative, but IMO we should better think more about a sane URL scheme, before releasing something, which we are soon going to change again, anyway.