Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:38:51 +0100

Hi,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
Actually, can we reserve / to refer to something - revision or
versioned file - *inside* the branch(es) selected?  I know this
doesn't make any sense with the existing protocol, but maybe it would
later, so it seems to me wisest to reserve space in the URL schema for
it.

+1

Suggest comma (,) for what you're using / for currently.

Honestly, I think it's a very bad time to introduce a newish URL scheme, because nuskool is coming up and using HTTP. And IMO it should use a RESTful interface, to provide a simple and understandable API.

I'm sorry to sound negative, but IMO we should better think more about a sane URL scheme, before releasing something, which we are soon going to change again, anyway.

Regards

Markus