Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invar

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] fatal: std::logic_error: roster_merge.cc:528: invariant 'I(left_name == right_name)' violated
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:25:28 +0100

Hi,

Zbynek Winkler wrote:
Nice explanation.

Thanks.

I'd like to offer alternate view. It reminds me more
the case when two different revisions independently add a file with
the same name.

Yes, that's exactly the case. They want to add the same file name "x" to the same directory. The fact that one (or both) revisions also renamed that directory doesn't matter, it's still the same directory with the same contents.

I don't see why in this case there should be a conflict
on the name of the directory...

I'm not sure I understand. There's no conflict with regard to the directory name: the directory will be named "bar" in the merged revision, as that rename was the only change against the base_rev, in the above example.

Only the filenames ("x" and "x") of the files added are in conflict.

Am I clear?

Regards

Markus