Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; first success

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; first success
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 03:49:11 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake schrieb:
>
>> That format number is also in _MTN/revision; it seems like that might
>> cause problems when upgrading monotone with an existing workspace. It
>> would be nice if the flag day only involved upgrading mtn, not also
>> rechecking out all workspaces. I'll try that. The format of the
>> _MTN/revision file has not changed, nor any of the other _MTN files.
>> On the other hand, there's a _MTN/format file, with a "2" in it; I
>> haven't looked for the code that generates that yet.
>
> AFAIR there is a migrate_workspace command which handles workspace
> upgrades, so all the needed machinery should already be in place ;)

That deals with the number in _MTN/format, but _not_ the number in
_MTN/revision.

Since _MTN/revision is at format 1, the issue of migration for it has
not come up. The change I'm making creates a strict superset of the
previous format, so no code is required for migration; upgrading mtn
is sufficient.

I've fixed the code in revision.cc that checks this format number to
handle formats <= current. When the workspace is updated, it
_MTN/revision will be written with the new revision format number.

--
-- Stephe