Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone upgrade policy for the SQLite copy?
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:19:15 +0200

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> While looking at compile-time warnings of Monotone, I've just stumpled
> over the fact that we are still using SQLite 3.4.2 in Monotone while at
> sqlite.org we already have SQLite 3.5.7 released recently.
> [...]

Ok, I finally found time to finish the preparation of the SQLite
upgrade. Sorry for the delay, I was heavily busy because of my day job.
I've pushed the following two branches to monotone.ca today:

o net.venge.monotone.rse.sqlite-upgrade

  This is a straight-forward upgrade of net.venge.monotone from the
  (pre-processed) standard copy of SQLite SQLite version 3.4.2 to the
  latest version 3.5.9. The standard copy of SQLite is based on the
  individual src/*.[ch] files of the SQLite distribution but with the
  SQLite code pre-processing step already performed (which creates the
  parser and some tables, etc).

o net.venge.monotone.rse.sqlite-upgrade-amalgamation

  This is an upgrade of net.venge.monotone from the (pre-processed)
  standard copy of SQLite SQLite version 3.4.2 to the "amalgamation"
  version of SQLite 3.5.9. The "amalagmation" version is a pre-processed
  SQLite which is merged into the two files sqlite3.[ch] only.

As mentioned already a few weeks ago, both upgrades pass
"make check", but I had to disable two little commands in
tests/fail_cleanly_on_unreadable_db/__driver__.lua because of SQLite
3.5's different OS abstraction layer.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com