Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn2git issues
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:25:59 -0700

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Felipe Contreras
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been working on a mtn2git script and I've been having many issues.
>
> What git requires is very simple; a list of the files that changed
> (added, modified, renamed, removed) in each revision.
> When a merge happens, get_revision is listing all the changes (the
> changes from both branches), not the changes that happened strictly of
> that revision.
> Do you have any recommendation on how to get what changed in each
> revision? Surely it must not be that difficult.

I don't understand what you mean by "the changes that happened
strictly of that revision"; or rather, I don't understand how it can
be a different thing from what you get from get_revision.  Relative to
one merge parent, one of the changesets applies; relative to the
other, the other changeset applies.  If you discard any of that
information you can't represent the merge correctly.

zw