Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-viz packages for Ubuntu

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-viz packages for Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:03:06 +0200

Zack Weinberg wrote:
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden> wrote:
By the way, why does the new monotone-viz package only have a recommends for
monotone? monotone-viz does use the automate interface. Left-over from an
earlier version?

As far as I know, it can read a monotone database itself; it uses the
automate interface for extra bells and whistles only.  If that's no
longer the case, the recommends should be corrected to a depends.

According to the website http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/ :

1.0:
* do not access the monotone database directly: obtain all necessay information via the mtn automate mechanism

To confirm this, I could compile monotone-viz without sqlite.

Cheers,

-- Ulf