[Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:07:13 -0400

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 10:30:21AM +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:

> Are you sure this emits proper CFLAGS and LIBS

Yes. Normally botan-config will not produce the right thing for
pointing in-workspace Botan builds, but I made the modifications I
wanted in src/build-data/botan-config.in so that the paths are set
correctly. This is what I do when I am testing other things (Ajisai,
Botan examples and lang wrappers, etc) against a workspace build (I
don't even have any version of Botan installed on my system (except in
/usr/bin/mtn (but that's not visible))).

(I checked in my changes as some commented out lines in
src/build-data/botan-config.in, if you uncomment those and
comment out the normal install lines you will hopefully be able to
replicate my setup)

> Is the PATH set correctly?

As far as I know.

> Have you recreated configure from configure.ac of monotone before
> retrying?

Yes. I pulled down latest as of now (3030f61139f208ffd7c91ad13d88d9a376bc6139),
did "aclocal-1.9 && autoreconf --install", and reconfigured: same thing. The
latest config log:

configure:12728: g++ -E -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fexceptions   conftest.cpp
conftest.cpp:2:25: error: botan/build.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cpp:5:2: error: #error Botan did not define version macros?!?
conftest.cpp:9:2: error: #error Botan major version mismatch.
configure:12734: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

| #include <botan/build.h>
|
| #ifndef BOTAN_VERSION_MAJOR
| #error Botan did not define version macros?!?
| #endif
|
| #if BOTAN_VERSION_MAJOR != 1
| #error Botan major version mismatch.
| #endif

(The "did not" vs "didn't" is because GCC doesn't like the single
quote mark - probably you missed that since you cannot replicate
thus this would not have been triggered).

From a shell:

(motoko ~/projects/monotone-stripped)$ botan-config --cflags
-I/home/lloyd/projects/botan/mainline/build/include
(motoko ~/projects/monotone-stripped)$ botan-config --libs
-L/home/lloyd/projects/botan/mainline/ -lm -lpthread -lrt -lbotan

So I still don't get it...

-Jack