Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:28:28 -0600

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not happy with what Monotone did. If I undo a commit, I don't want Monotone to delete or modify my files. If I wanted that I would have told it to revert. What I want is that Monotone remove that action from the database and then behave as if the commit had never happened. I don't want it to mess with my files unless I say 'revert'.

If that commit originally added the certification directory then you disapprove the commit it amounts to removing the certification directory. When you then say update monotone will remove the directory rather than leaving junk laying around. Monotone will refuse to remove the directory if that directory contains things it doesn't know about though, which is what you saw.

Cheers,
Derek