Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:03:03 -0700

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't care much about the database behaviour. What I meant to say earlier
> is that I'm happy with whatever choice the devs make. I only really care
> about the workspace (not losing my work).

It's worth noting that with 'disapprove', your work isn't lost -- the
original commit is still in the database, where you accidentally put
it.  It can be seen with 'mtn log', 'mtn diff', etc.  You also have
the option of putting the changes it made into your workspace using
the 'mtn pluck' command.

Basically, 'mtn pluck -r FROM -r TO' takes whatever differences there
are between the revision FROM and the revision TO and applies them to
your workspace as edits.  'mtn diff -r FROM -r TO' will show you
exactly what changes it will apply.  So in this case you could do 'mtn
pluck -r THE_ACCIDENTAL_REVISION -r THE_DISAPPROVE_REVISION'.