Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:58:00 +0200

Bruce Stephens wrote:
Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> writes:
Is it possible to write a hook that implements Ludovic's solution to
the "undo a commit" problem? :

I don't think so, no.  monotone's not designed to be extensible in
that sort of way.  (Unless something radical has changed that I didn't
notice.)

:-(

You could write a script of some sort, perhaps using the automate
features.  (I think there are wrappers of various completeness for
python, ruby, maybe perl?)

I could certainly write a Perl script to do this. It just seems like the "wrong" solution. In particular, nobody else would get the feature. I was thinking that with a hook there is a chance that the developers might add this as a standard feature later and then everyone gets a better Monotone.

Cheers,
Daniel.