Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Hooks
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 22:40:01 +0200

Thomas Keller wrote:
In general new things get added when people find them useful. The usual
procedure is:

1) Somebody provides a patch or developes the feature in a separate
branch (implementation, tests and documentation included)

2) The feature's implementation is put on discussion on the list and the
original developer might get some further input

3) The everything is sound and bugfree, the feature gets into mainline

There is no "masterplan" or something which would hinder or even prevent
people improving / expanding monotone.

Ok. So, if I tried to put something together in Lua (I have no idea what I'm getting into here!) and posted it here, would that work? I don't see myself touching the C++ sources. I could use some documentation for the Lua API if there is any. If not I'll just try to work from the examples.

Cheers,
Daniel.