Re: [Monotone-devel] new include/exclude commands?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] new include/exclude commands?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:31:20 +1100

Derek Scherger wrote:
I had an idea the other day, where I was continually having to provide a bunch of --exclude optons in a workspace with some (intentionally) missing files, that it might be useful to be able to specify a set of includes or excludes that persist across several commands. This would avoid the need to repeatedly specify the set of paths to include or exclude. It turns out to be very simple to implement and I have a the basics working so I thought I'd check and see if people would generally find this good, bad or ugly.

Maybe I missed something, but are you aware of the ".mtn-ignore" file used by the default ignore_file LUA hook? This might already do what you want...

Brian May